What we do
We are tech-enabled farm to processing to distribution platform for spices. We are building farm to customer value chain platform for India origin Spices, Processed Spices and Ingredients.
KSEPL is linking sustainable small holder farms & certified processing plants to global customers offering them safe & quality spices & ingredients.
Krishi Sahyog Exports Pvt Ltd is a DIPP (Govt of India) registered Agritech Startup promoted by experienced and qualified core team of three professionals, having strong Industry and Agri domain background and advisory board. KSEPL’s focus is to establish an end-to-end agri value chain enterprise for Spices, Value added Products & Food Ingredients, with focus on addressing bottlenecks in Exports growth & develop tech enabled distribution, while providing technical and advisory support to smallholder farmers for sustainable & safe production of spices and collaborating with agri-tech ecosystem
At present our primary focus is to develop and strengthen farm-gate intervention for plot development, traceability of turmeric distribution of value-added products which are based on spices as core raw materials, both in domestic and overseas markets covering B2B as well as B2C markets in offline and online space. For this we are entering into contracts with certified plants for quality processed products sourcing. We are also open for distribution tie-ups for Nutraceutical’s products which are based on natural raw materials.
Our strength lies in direct farm-level linkage with farmers (5000+) in Sangli, Hingoli, Parbhani and Nanded districts of Maharashtra. These districts constitute more than 70% of high value curcumin turmeric of India.
We will do Systematic farm level intervention under Integrated Pest and Disease management (IPM) Program of residue free plots to ensure sustainable supply of Residue free Turmeric (IPM) in the first phase and in the second phase add Organic Plots. Our phase wise program will align farmers smoothly towards organic produce.
- Presently, each farm lot is mixed up with another farm lot just to match end consumer price targets. We will do tech interventions to ensure each farm lot is not mixed and appropriate valuation of farm produce is done. As we are end-to-end platform serving both domestic and export market linkages for B2C and into high value addition Turmeric based Products, we can ensure this fair valuation for each farmer as per his or her quality. We see important scope for tech to resolve this issue of fair price to individual farmers. We plan to use fintech product for cashless payments to farmers.
To increase farming efficiency, we do the following:
- Ensuring farmer higher incomes through additional interventions covering:
- Digitisation of farm records for each farmer to monitor costs as well as input usage
- Centralised input procurement for farmers and having input procurement which are screened for quality and safety
- Advisory programme designed under central institute’s guidance and same to be implemented under skilled field staff permanently stationed at farm gate.
- Avoiding contamination and quality deterioration
- Mechanisation of handling and improving hygiene and setting up SOPs for farm gate level material handling as well as aggregation yard level handling
- Training of labours for material handling SOP
- Farmer at present store turmeric at farm level or their houses, which lead to loss of quality, pest attacks etc. This we plan to address by Upgrading common warehouse facilities near to farm gate, encouraging farmers to store in private or govt warehouses and follow fumigation etc schedules
- Presently farmer is exposed to open market price risk for his or her stored goods: we plan to give handholding support to each farmer through hedging on the exchanges. Technology will be utilised for these operations to minimise chances of errors and have scalable operation involving participation of large no of farmers simultaneously
- We see local youths as key resource for successful implementation of intervention programmes, we are developing skill development programme for both pre- and post-harvest interventions which will create substantial employment for rural youths/women as well as agri-graduates. On the processing side and last mile marketing side for finished goods, We see both Raw material and Processed material ( Whole and Powder) logistic movement and cost not being optimised, we see potential for tech intervention based on data points such as aggregation points, real-time Warehouse(WH) stocks data, processing plant locations data, consumption level WH and distribution points data to optimise logistics planning as well as ensuring safe quality backed by complete traceability for the end customers.